The Victorian Government has announced that from 11.59pm 1 July until 29 July, people in the following postcodes should only leave home for work, to provide care, to get exercise or to buy groceries.
3038: Keilor Downs, Keilor Lodge, Taylors Lakes, Watergardens
3064: Craigieburn, Donnybrook, Mickleham, Roxburgh Park, Kalkallo
3047: Broadmeadows, Dallas, Jacana
3012: Brooklyn, Kingsville, Maidstone, Tottenham, Footscray West
3032: Ascot Vale, Highpoint City, Maribyrnong, Travencore
3055: Brunswick South, Brunswick West, Moonee Vale, Moreland West
3042: Airport West, Keilor Park, Niddrie
3021: Albanvale, Kealba, Kings Park, St. Albans
3046: Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park
Anyone in these postcodes who is found outside their home without a reason may receive an on-the-spot fine.
Whilst people should stay home wherever possible, the Victorian Government has also made it clear that those who are providing care to our customers – such as our frontline clinicians, support workers and clinics staff – are allowed to travel as they are deemed an ‘essential service’.
We all have a role to play to help keep our communities safe and well during this time of increased COVID-19 risk – and we all have to play our part.
Please continue to follow strict personal hygiene and social distancing measures to stay safe and well:
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or a hand dryer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth;
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow;
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep;
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitisers with over 70 per cent alcohol;
- Regularly clean and disinfect surfaces;
- Keep 1.5 metres between you and other people as much as possible;
- Take extra care around older people and people with existing health conditions;
- Download the COVIDSafe app to help health officials to quickly contact people who may have been exposed to COVID-19; and
- Make sure your influenza (flu) vaccination is up to date.